Though 2019 may be nearing its end, the wrestling scene is as busy as ever. The past week saw five shows take place, with another seven coming over the next seven days.
Not caught up on all the action? Now you can be! It’s the latest edition of Last Week in Alberta Wrestling, your source for the most up-to-date information across the Albertan wrestling scene!
Spears Out, Home-Brought Weapons In for PWA Remembrance
Even with an absence of Spears, there were still weapons aplenty at last Saturday’s show from the Prairie Wrestling Alliance.
Last weekend’s PWA Remembrance was scheduled to feature a highly-anticipated Commonwealth Championship defence pitting current titleholder Shawn Spears against Albertan icon Michael Richard Blais. However, an injury sustained on last week’s AEW Dynamite ultimately forced Spears to cancel his scheduled appearance in Calgary last-minute, forcing the PWA to concoct a brand-new main event on a moment’s notice.
However, shortly after the Prairie Wrestling Alliance confirmed the news, the promotion announced that Blais would be added to the evening’s brand-new main event, with a newly-included Fans Bring the Weapons stipulation to boot. Not only did the matches deliver, but the fans did as well, with everything from kendo sticks to LEGO bricks utilized in the main event.
Though no date has been confirmed, Spears is still scheduled to return to Calgary in the near future to defend the Commonwealth Championship.
The PWA is next in action this Saturday in Edmonton for PWA Christmas Slam. Tickets are available through any of the promotion’s social media channels, or at Variant Edition Comics in Edmonton.
Monster Pro Wrestling Hits the Road
After a wildly successful Riptribution event that saw three new champions crowned, Monster Pro Wrestling is hitting the road for a three-show mini-tour across Alberta this weekend.
Thursday through Saturday will see MPW travel to Lloydminster (Nov. 21), Bonnyville (Nov. 22), and Hinton (Nov. 23), with a few of the promotion’s major storylines coming to a head throughout the tour. Following a battle royal victory at the promotion’s last show In Lloydminster, “Dangerous” Danny Evans will receive his first-ever opportunity at Mitch Clarke’s MPW Heavyweight Championship, while Kid Cyrus will challenge “Beautiful” Blake Kannon for the Provincial title. The following evening will see Clarke defend his championship yet again, taking on Rich King. In addition, the MPW Tag Team Championships will be on the line, as High Octane defend the titles for the first time since capturing them at Riptribution. Should Ajax and Pro Payne be successful in defending their titles, they’ll do so again the next night in Bonnyville against the Dangerous Deal.
Full cards and tickets are available through the Monster Pro Wrestling social media channels.
CWE Thrills in Return to Alberta
Canadian Wrestling’s Elite returned to Alberta last week as part of their 31-show “The Juice is on the Loose” tour, and as could be expected, the promotion put on a series of outstanding shows over the past week. Headlined by former WCW legend Juventud Guerrera and independent wrestling star Jimmy Jacobs, the promotion delighted fans through appearances in Red Deer (Nov. 13), Edmonton (Nov. 14) and Grande Prairie (Nov. 15).
After tour stops throughout British Columbia this week, the promotion returns to Alberta for shows in Calgary (Nov. 21), Lethbridge (Nov. 22) and Medicine Hat (Nov. 23). Tickets are available online at CWETickets.com.
Jude Dawkins Departs Monster Pro Wrestling
As first reported by the WCSN last week, “The Cheetahbear” Jude Dawkins has left Monster Pro Wrestling.
Prior to his departure, “The Cheetahbear” had become one of the most popular stars in all of Monster Pro Wrestling. Since debuting for the promotion in 2017, Dawkins’ unique blend of athleticism and unbridled passion endeared him to the MPW faithful in a way few had before. In his final match with the promotion, Dawkins teamed with Lumberjack Larry Woods against Mitch Clarke and Massive Damage in a tilt that would eventually be ruled a double disqualification.
Canadian Wrestling’s Elite Results
The Juice Is on the Loose Tour • Red Deer, Alberta • November 13
- “Hotshot” Danny Duggan def. “Number 1” Brian Johnson
- The Giant Orion def. “Spaceman” Beri Grayson
- “The Juice” Juventud Guerrera def. “The Headline” Shaun Martens
- “The Masterpiece Of The East” Alix Zwicker & Kylie Morgan def. Cherry Dahl & Zoë Sager
- “The Cheetahbear” Jude Dawkins def. “The Zombie Princess” Jimmy Jacobs
The Juice Is on the Loose Tour • Edmonton, Alberta • November 14
- Giant Orion def. Big Jess Youngblood
- Barricade def. “Headline” Shaun Martens & Alix Zwicker
- Juventud Guerrera def. “The Original” Marky
- “Wild Child” Tyler James def. Brian Johnson
- “The Zombie Princess” Jimmy Jacobs def. “Hotshot” Danny Duggan
The Juice Is on the Loose Tour • Grande Prairie, Alberta • November 15
- “The Cheetahbear” Jude Dawkins def. “Number One” Brian Johnson
- “Headline” Shaun Martens def. “Wild Child” Tyler James
- “Spaceman” Beri Grayson/Bobby Sharp def. “The Juice” Juventud Guerrera/”Canadian Crusher” AJ Sanchez
- Kat Von Heez def. “The Masterpiece of the East” Alix Zwicker
- “The Zombie Princess” Jimmy Jacobs def. “Hotshot” Danny Duggan
Prairie Wrestling Alliance Results
Remembrance • Calgary, Alberta • November 16
- The Millennial Rebels def. Space Mountain
- PWA Women’s Championship Match: Zoë Sager def. Nightmare #9
- PWA Tag Team Championship Match: The Above Average Joes def. The League
- Sheik Akbar Shabaz def. “The Thickness” Reid Matthews
- Kat Von Heez def. Bobby Sharp
- PWA Heavyweight Championship Match: Michael Allen Richard Clark def. Michael Richard Blais, Brandon Van Danielson, Jack Pride
Real Canadian Wrestling Results
Clash of the Titans • Calgary, Alberta • November 15
- Dante def. Sweet Daddy Soul
- KOTA def. Christian Strife (DQ)
- RCW Commonwealth Championship Match: Vince Austin def. Keshi
- Submission Match: Cody Chimera def. Travis Cole
- Heavy Metal def. Tony Machete
- Giant Orion def. Big Jess Youngblood, Brice “The Slammer” Sova, the Aussie Legend
- RCW Tag Team Championship Match: RichtorCade def. Hard 2 Kill
Monster Pro Wrestling • MPW Lloydminster • Lloydminster, Alberta • November 21
Canadian Wrestling’s Elite • The Juice is on the Loose Tour • Calgary, Alberta • November 21
Monster Pro Wrestling • MPW Bonnyville • Bonnyville, Alberta • November 22
Canadian Wrestling’s Elite • The Juice is on the Loose Tour • Lethbridge, Alberta • November 22
Prairie Wrestling Alliance • Christmas Slam • Edmonton, Alberta • November 23
Monster Pro Wrestling • MPW Hinton • Hinton, Alberta • November 23
Canadian Wrestling’s Elite • The Juice is on the Loose Tour • Medicine Hat, Alberta • November 23
Latest Wrestling Content:
- The Annual Backbreaker Media Awards: Nominations Open
- BREAKING: “The Cheetahbear” Jude Dawkins Departs Monster Pro Wrestling
- BREAKING: Shawn Spears Out for PWA Remembrance
- Conversations With Love 42: A Conversation With “The Vixen” Jade
- Conversations With Love 41: A Conversation With Houston Moore