The past seven days may have only seen one show take place, but it was still a busy week across the Albertan independent scene.
Not caught up on all the action? Now you can be! It’s the latest edition of Last Week in Alberta Wrestling, your source for the most up-to-date information across the Albertan wrestling scene!
Pride, Sager Set to Battle For First Time Ever
The return of Force Pro Wrestling has already resulted in a series of first-time-ever matchups for Albertan pro wrestling fans; now, the promotion can add yet another to its already burgeoning list.
On Monday, the promotion announced that Jack Pride will take on PWA Women’s Champion Zoë Sager at Force Pro Wrestling: Just the Tip.
“We aren’t happy that We’ve been tricked into doing Stone’s dirty work, so We plan to sit this one out. Jack can handle it,” said Pride on the match announcement.
However, responded Jack: “We really just wanted the shiny keys, but wrestling Zoë will be a nice test for us.”
“She’s the PWA women’s champ for a reason and We can’t wait to see what she brings to the table.”
Though it may be Pride facing Sager on November 8th, the PWA Women’s Champion was originally scheduled to wrestle Alberta Champion Dylon Stone at Just the Tip. However, in a video obtained by the WCSN, Stone was caught bribing Pride to take his place in the match. Despite Stone’s clear involvement, Force Pro Wrestling owner Ivan Thomsen sanctioned the match, setting in motion one of the most anticipated matchups in Albertan wrestling. The match joins the previously-confirmed Michael Richard Blais/Kayla Jaye tilt announced just under a week ago.
Tickets for Force Pro Wrestling: Just the Tip are available through the FPW social media channels or contacting any FPW roster member.
The League Win PWA Tag Team Championships
Here’s to hoping the PWA locker room has some cash set aside because League Fees are due as of Saturday.
At last Saturday’s Fright Night event in Edmonton, Alberta, the team of Davey O’Doyle and Brayden Parsons captured the PWA Tag Team Championships, ending the reign of the Above Average Joes at 127 days.
The team’s victory came courtesy of a tag team battle royale fought under Royal Rumble rules. Parsons and O’Doyle were the beneficiaries of drawing the #5 slot, entering the ring long after most teams had already wrestled for at least a few minutes. It was clear that the late draw gave the team the advantage, as shortly after their entry the field had already been reduced to themselves and Kenny Stryker. Though the Above Average Joes star put forth a valiant effort, he eventually succumbed to the technically-not-allowed-but-still-effective manoeuvering of the League.
The League are now two-time champs. It’s a great day, folks.
MPW Riptribution Scheduled for Saturday
Saturday will see Monster Pro Wrestling host the biggest event on their calendar, MPW Riptribution. The event, held annually in the memory of Trevor “Ripper” Grimolfsen, has announced three matches thus far, including the annual Ripper Battle Royale where the fans bring the weapons. The event will also play host to the first-ever Renegade Gauntlet Match, featuring five of MPW’s top tag teams vying for the Renegade Memorial Tag Team Championships. Additionally, we’ll also see Taryn From Accounting take on Sexy Samantha in a 2-out-of-3 falls match and a triple threat matchup involving both members of the Dangerous Deal and “Nasty” Nate Nixon.
Curiously, to this point, there’s been no confirmed defence of Mitch Clarke’s MPW Heavyweight Championship, though one would have to expect an impending announcement.
Tickets for November 2nd’s MPW Riptribution are available through any Monster Pro Wrestling roster member.
Full Riptribution card:
- Ripper Memorial Battle Royale (Fans Bring the Weapons)
- MPW Renegade Memorial Tag Team Championship Gauntlet Match: Rugged Future vs. Dad Bod Squad vs. The Kannon Experience vs. High Octane vs. Wrestling RoyalTY
- 2-out-of-3 Falls Match: Sexy Samantha vs. Taryn From Accounting
- JJ Spade vs. “Dangerous” Danny Evans vs. “Nasty” Nate Nixon
Prairie Wrestling Alliance Results
Fright Night • Edmonton, Alberta • October 26
- PWA Tag Team Championship Rumble Match: The League def. The Above Average Joes©, Space Mountain, The Nightmares and Mo Jabari/Maxton Flexwell
- PWA Women’s Championship Match: Zoë Sager© def. Kylie Morgan, Alix Zwicker
- Kat Von Heez def. Ms Lola Lodge
- Jack Pride def. Michael Richard Blais
- Andy Anderson def. Sheik Akbar Shabaz
- PWA Heavyweight Championship Match: Michael Allen Richard Clark© def. Colton Kelly, Brandon Van Danielson
Real Canadian Wrestling • Fear Factor • Calgary, Alberta • November 1
Monster Pro Wrestling • MPW Riptribution • Edmonton, Alberta • November 2
Real Canadian Wrestling • Fear and Loathing In RCW • Edmonton, Alberta • November 2
Latest Wrestling Content:
- BREAKING: Sager, Pride to Face Off in Force Pro Wrestling
- BREAKING: The League Win PWA Tag Team Titles
- Last Week in Alberta Wrestling: October 16 – 22, 2019
- Conversations With Love 38: A Conversation With Zoë Sager
- FPW Recap and Reactions: The Prelude, Edmonton, October 18