As has been widely speculated over the last few weeks, Matt Riddle has signed with WWE.
According to Wrestling News World, Riddle and WWE have agreed to a three-year contract. The 32 year old has cancelled all independent bookings, including an appearance at the 2018 edition of the Battle of Los Angeles. Further fueling speculation of a run in the WWE is the fact that all items from his online store.
Matthew Riddle will no longer be a participant in the 2018 Battle of Los Angeles. Trevor Lee has now entered the tournament in his place!
— PWG (@OfficialPWG) July 24, 2020
Riddle, currently the EVOLVE Champion, began wrestling in 2015 after finishing his MMA career with an 8-3 record, with two no-contests due to testing positive for marijuana. He’s spent the majority of his time in EVOLVE, and due to WWE’s working relationship with the promotion it’s expected that he’ll finish up his currently booked dates. Riddle has also made a name for himself in promotions such as WWN, PWG, CZW, Revolution Pro Wrestling and Progress Wrestling.
It’s also expected that Riddle would debut in NXT with a patented crowd shot at TakeOver: Brooklyn on August 18th.
Stay tuned to Win Column Sports for more information as it develops.
- BREAKING: WWE to Hold First All-Women’s Event on October 28, Talent Announced
- RAW Thoughts: What Can We Expect from Stephanie McMahon?
- Over the Top Rope: Episode XIV | 90’s Movies and Tommaso Ciampa feat. Colton Kelly
- BREAKING: More Names Added for Mae Young Classic
- NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 | Match Card and Rumours