LLOYDMINSTER, ALBERTA: There’s a new woman on top of the MPW women’s division.
Last night, Sexy Samantha defeated Phoenix to capture the MPW Women’s Championship in the promotion’s return to Lloydminster, Alberta.
The loss marks the end of Phoenix’s 230-day title reign.
Though the match itself was another hard-fought battle between the two women, the victory didn’t come without a little bit of chicanery on the part of Sexy Samantha. Early reports out of Lloydminster indicate that as per usual, MPW Provincial Champion “Beautiful” Blake Kannon had a hand in the victory for Samantha. Since losing the championship to Phoenix at the MPW Eliminator earlier this year, Samantha has been relentless in her attempts to reclaim her title. However, she’ll have to stay on top of her game with not only Phoenix but Taryn from Accounting hot on her trail.
No rematch for Phoenix has been announced thus far.
Stay tuned for full results from MPW’s return to Lloydminster on the WCSN.
Latest Wrestling Content:
- RCW Recap and Reactions: Oil City Rumble, Edmonton, September 14
- Conversations With Love 31: A Conversation With Travis Cole
- BREAKING: Saskatchewan’s High Impact Wrestling Shutting Its Doors
- Last Week in Alberta Wrestling: September 11 – 17, 2019
- CWL: An Interview with CWE’s “Hotshot” Danny Duggan