Premier League Matchday 14
Here we are in a quick turn around from Matchday 13 and on to Matchday 14. Everton sacked their manager October 23rd, 2017 and it being the 28th are still looking for one. No massive matches as they are coming in the following matches.
Manchester United vs Watford
Tuesday has a fixture with Manchester United (9-2-2) visiting Watford (6-3-4) in 2nd at 8th. Looking into the form of the teams Manchester United (LWLWW) at Watford (LLLWW)
Though both teams are moving into the match with two consecutive winning streaks, it can be thought there is still a favourite. Looking into the match, the visiting team should have the edge on paper - although matches are not won on paper. Not to be underestimated is the tactical battle of Marco Silva - who has had a fantastic start to the season - and fellow countrymen Jose Mourinho.
What to watch for
- Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku escaped a ban after a kick out on last Saturdays match. He is still looking to return to early season form but inclusion is controversial
- Watford is in form, and has been paying well. Look for a strong game from him.
- Fellani and Mkhitaryan are both missing
- Marco Silva has had a great start to the season and had him in the sights of Everton
Southampton vs Manchester City
Wednesday has Southampton (4-4-5-) visiting Manchester City (12-1-0) in a 10th vs 1st in the league. The form certainly favours Manchester City (WWWWW) then the home team, Southampton (WDLLW).
Manchester City stumbled a touch, by that a draw, at the start but have not looked back since. The squad has been solid and have the edge. Southampton will need to have a amazing performance to take even a point out of this match.
What to watch for
- Kevin de Bruyne has been masterful so far this season. He will be what Manchester City’s offense will go through.
- If Manchester City has any holes in its armour it would be their back line.
- Virgil van Dijk will need fantastic performance to keep Manchester City off of the score sheet
- Manchester City’s goal differential has been impressive with +34 and an average goals for of 3.2 a game. Unlikely they do not get on the board.
Other things to watch for around the league
- With matches coming off a quick turn around, look for a top 6 team to drop a match
- Look for Burnley to rebound after their late loss to Arsenal
- Managerless Everton are hosting West Ham United; these two teams have been struggling this year despite the additions over the summer
- West Bromwich Albion are set to reveal their new manager Wednesday
- Big Sam is a reportedly coming back to coaching with Everton on Wednesday
Last Matchday (5-5)
Brighton and Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace
Leicester City vs Tottenham Spurs
Watford United vs Manchester United
West Bromwich Albion vs Newcastle United
Arsenal vs Huddersfield
Bournemouth vs Burnley
Chelsea vs Swansea
Everton vs West Ham United
Manchester City vs Southampton
Stoke City vs Liverpool