NXT Preview - October 24, 2020
NXT aired what’s likely to be their final set of tapings before TakeOver: War Games. Last week, Aleister Black made his long-awaited return to NXT TV. What lies ahead for the black-and-yellow brand? Let’s preview it together, shall we?
To start, a recap of last week’s episode:
- War Raiders defeats Undisputed Era by DQ, after a returning Bobby Fish interferes.
- Shanya Baszler defeats Britt Baker by referee stoppage after stomping on her elbow.
- Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch defeat Tian Bing & Rocky.
- Nikki Cross & Bianca Belair go to a no-contest when Aleister Black returns after the lights go out. Cross whispers in Aleister Black’s ear, and he heads to the back, furious.
As always, I’m Parker Love – here with your weekly NXT Preview!
Note: Spoilers are available for NXT this evening - available on Win Column Sports!
The Main Event
The aftermath of Aleister Black’s return is the biggest question mark in NXT. After returning midway through the Bianca Belair vs Nikki Cross main event, he finally knows who attacked him (we think). Will we find out tonight whodunit? The anti-hero will definitely be looking for his pound of flesh tonight. The only question is: which poor sucker is gonna eat a Black Mass tonight?
William Regal has promised to make a major NXT Championship announcement. Tommaso Ciampa is sure to have a civilized reaction to whatever Regal does announce. There’s no real shortage of potential contenders, with the two biggest being Aleister Black & Velveteen Dream. Black does have his mandatory rematch, while Velveteen has finally gotten his shot at a babyface role. Either way, the NXT fans win. I still think Ciampa should hold the belt forever and ever.
*Potentially unpopular opinion: I do like Dream more as a heel.*
Mia Yim makes her NXT debut tonight! A standout of both Mae Young Classic’s, Triple H gave her an NXT contract personally. Triple H is awesome. Yim will definitely be a major addition the women’s roster in WWE, let alone NXT. However, she has to face constant title contender Aliyah in her debut. Will she overcome the odds? My guess - she will overcome the odds extremely easily.
What’s next for the Undisputed Era? After Bobby Fish returned to in-ring action last week, the Era is finally at full strength. The addition of Roderick Strong could not have gone any better, in my opinion. War Raiders will more than likely want another shot at the Tag Team Titles sometime soon, and leader Adam Cole still hasn’t had his one-on-one match with Ricochet for the North American Championship. If only there was some sort of match the four of them could be booked into!
Holding out hope for a Monster Truck match.
Odds & Ends
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) October 14, 2020
- NXT Women’s Champion Kairi Sane is still preparing for her Evolution match this Sunday vs Shayna Baszler. It’s gotten about as much development as the rest of the Evolution card. I fully expect a call-up for Shayna after Sunday.
- Man. Get well soon Roman Reigns. What a heartbreaking start to the week, but it really is amazing to see the wrestling world band together for this fight.
- The lack of Keith Lee lately concerns me slightly. But… absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?
- Kassius Ohno is calling out the newest NXT signee. Not cool, bro.
- When will we see the start of EC3 racking up victory, after victory, after victory?
- Over The Top Rope Exclusive with Leo London
- NXT Tapings Results: October 17, 2020 (SPOILERS)
- Chelsea Green, Matt Riddle Among Seven Announced WWE Signees
- NXT Preview: October 17, 2020
- Over the Top Rope: Episode XIX | Has WWE failed to build the next generation of stars?