NXT Preview - November 14, 2020
Just a few days before TakeOver: War Games 2, NXT airs the final episode of their last taping. With four matches confirmed already, will we see a fifth? How will NXT hype this network special up? As I say, only one way to find out!
So, without further ado, I’m Parker Love – here with your weekly NXT Preview!
A recap of last week, to begin!
- Heavy Machinery defeats The Forgotten Sons
- Dakota Kai defeats Taynara Conti
- Johnny Gargano explains why he attacked Aleister Black, and promised to leave him lying again.
- Lars Sullivan defeats Velveteen Dream (with help from Tommaso Ciampa). Afterwards, Ciampa attempts a beatdown, but Dream comes out on top.
Note: Spoilers are available for NXT this evening – available on Win Column Sports!
The Main Event
A significant advantage for War Games is up for grabs tonight. The Undisputed Era’s Kyle O’Reilly takes on one member of the opposing team of Ricochet, Pete Dunne & War Raiders. The winner of tonight’s match (as per WWE.com) ” will gain the numerical edge when it comes to the order of entrance during this Saturday’s WarGames Match.”
Personally, I see O’Reilly winning this match to give the Era the advantage. War Games just works better when the babyfaces are working from underneath. Hell, almost any match does.
No matter what, this match is going to rule.
After a tense backstage confrontation last week, Bianca Belair takes on NXT’s newest addition to the women’s roster, Mia Yim. Yim’s performance in the Mae Young Classic was great, but she’s not without her weaknesses. She will be fantastic down the road, but for now - I think Belair is the winner here. She is a truly fantastic wrestler who is rapidly improving. I can’t lie, however. I’d prefer to see a Nikki Cross vs Belair match instead, whether it be tonight or on Saturday. I see big things for the -EST of NXT, so I think she gets the win here.
As well, Lacey Evans is in action (she actually is this week!) taking on some local competition. The Lady of NXT has been on a quiet hot streak, with quality wins over both Dakota Kai & Candice LeRae. Clearly, NXT is pretty high on the former marine, and we could see her enter the main event of the women’s division sometime soon.
Otherwise, it seems like tonight will be focused on a few hype packages for Saturday’s event & backstage segments. With the fantastic production crew that NXT has, I have zero doubt that the majority of viewers will be stoked for Saturday.
Odds & Ends
- With only four matches on the TakeOver card as of now, will we see a fifth added tonight? The only two that realistically could happen are Matt Riddle vs Kassius Ohno or Nikki Cross vs Bianca Belair.
- Man, what a turn for Daniel Bryan last night.
- Going back to the “babyfaces with the odds stacked against them” quip from above - Kairi Sane definitely has the odds stacked against her in her upcoming match with Shayna Baszler.
- Will there be any of the classic “superstar appears in the crowd” shots for Saturday? My guess is we see Chelsea Green for sure, and perhaps Io Shirai ringside for Kairi’s match? Maybe Punishment Martinez?
- Finally, will this be the final takeover for some of these performers? I see both Aleister Black & Velveteen Dream heading up to the main roster after this.
That’s it for this week! Make sure to stay tuned to Win Column Sports for my NXT Takeover Preview & Predictions Article, by following us on Facebook and Twitter! Thanks for reading, and see you next week!
- Over the Top Rope Episode XXII | Power Ranking all 14 NXT Champions
- NXT Preview: November 7, 2020
- Over the Top Rope Episode XXII | WWE Evolution Review, PWI 100 and Alberta Women’s Talent
- Is It OVER Yet: World of Trios #22 | Where Do We Go From Here?!
- Pro Wrestling YEG Announces First Event