It was as event-filled a week as you’ll find across Alberta’s professional wrestling scene last week; with international wrestling star Joey Ryan in town and the relaunch of a beloved promotion, what else did you expect? There’s no sign of slowing down, either, with both the PWA and Monster Pro Wrestling gearing up for two of their major events of the year.
Not caught up on all the action? Now you can be! It’s the latest edition of Last Week in Alberta Wrestling, your source for the most up-to-date information across the Albertan wrestling scene!
Blais, Jaye Set to Square Off in Force Pro Wrestling
Last Friday saw Force Pro Wrestling return to Edmonton to host their first show in over a year-and-a-half, The Prelude. By all accounts, the event was a rousing success; however, the promotion has already begun looking ahead to their first-ever adult-only show on November 8th.
On Monday, Force Pro Wrestling announced the main event for Force Pro Wrestling: Just the Tip will see Michael Richard Blais take on the woman who pinned him on Friday night, Kayla Jaye.
According to statistics available to the WCSN, the matchup marks the first-ever intergender main event in Albertan pro wrestling history.
Jaye, of course, was the one who shockingly scored the winning pinfall on Blais in the main event of The Prelude. That match saw Jaye and Blais team with Dylon Stone and Zoë Sager, respectively. Though the team of Blais and Sager looked to have things won in the late goings of the match, a well-timed Canadian Destroyer and a massive pair of superkicks put Blais down for the three-count and handed Jaye and Stone the victory.
Tickets for Force Pro Wrestling: Just the Tip are available through the FPW social media channels or contacting any FPW roster member.
Joey Ryan Makes Albertan Debut
Long Live the King.
International wrestling star Joey Ryan made his first-ever appearances in Alberta last weekend, wrestling at a pair of shows for Real Canadian Wrestling. In his two matches, Ryan faced off with Big Jess Youngblood and RCW Canadian Heavyweight Champion Heavy Metal in Calgary and Edmonton, respectively.
Though he was ultimately unsuccessful in picking up his first-ever win in Alberta, fans in attendance were still thrilled by both the King of Dong Style’s in-ring repertoire and, of course, his trademark flip.
In an interesting note, less than 24 hours after appearing in Edmonton, Ryan made a surprise appearance at Impact Wrestling’s Bound for Glory event. Shortly after, it was confirmed that Ryan had indeed signed a contract with Impact.
Check out our exclusive interview with Joey Ryan prior to his appearance for Real Canadian Wrestling in Edmonton.
Triple Threat Stipulation Match Made for PWA Fright Night
Say what you will about Thaddeus Archer III, but you can’t say he isn’t crafty.
As announced on the latest edition of The Archer Report, PWA Heavyweight Champion Michael Allen Richard Clark will defend his title against both Brandon Van Danielson and Colton Kelly at October 26th’s Fright Night.
However, as could be expected with anything involving Thaddeus Archer III, the match announcement didn’t come without a bit of chicanery on the commissioner’s part. While the match may technically be a triple threat matchup, Michael Allen Richard Clark will retain his champion’s advantage.
As explained by Archer, both BVD and Colton Kelly will have to defeat their other opponent before being able to defeat Clark for the championship. For example, in order to win the PWA Heavyweight Championship, Kelly will have to pin Van Danielson prior to being able to pin Clark legally. However, triple threat rules still apply to the champion, allowing Clark to retain his title via a singular pinfall.
Welcome to the Era of Archer, folks.
Three Falls, Two Women, One Final Match
MPW just keeps adding to their biggest event of the year.
As confirmed by Monster Pro Wrestling this morning, Taryn from Accounting will challenge Sexy Samantha at Riptribution in a 2-out-of-3 falls match.
With the announcement, Monster Pro Wrestling has now confirmed three matches for Riptribution. The promotion had previously confirmed the participants for the evening’s Tag Team Gauntlet match for the MPW Renegade Memorial Tag Team Championships. Additionally, November 2nd will also see the promotion host their annual Ripper Battle Royale in which fans are permitted to bring their own weapons.
Tickets for MPW Riptribution are available through the promotion’s various social media channels, or through any MPW roster member.
Force Pro Wrestling Results
The Prelude • Edmonton, Alberta • October 18
- Michael Richard Blais def. Dylon Stone w/ Andriy – Countout
- Jack Pride def. “Spaceman” Beri Grayson
- Kayla Jaye vs. Zoë Sager – 15-minute time limit draw
- “The Thickness” Reid Matthews def. Kato
- Colton Kelly def. Aiden Adams
- The Gold Cartel (Kayla Jaye/Dylon Stone) def. Michael Richard Blais/Zoë Sager
Real Canadian Wrestling Results
Final Stand 3 • Calgary, Alberta • October 18
- Travis Cole def. Cody Chimera
- The Giant Orion def. Deryck Crosse
- Steve Rivers def. Keshi
- Sydney Steele/Bryn Watts/Kenn Stevens def. the Canadian Goose/Tyson Hiller/Travis Cole
- KOTA def. Christian Strife by countout
- Viking Rage def. Hard 2 Kill
- Big Jess Youngblood def. Joey Ryan
- RCW Canadian Heavyweight Championship Match: Heavy Metal def. Aussie Legend
Rise of Legends • Edmonton, Alberta • October 19
- Dante def. Kenn Stevens
- Steven Styles def. Jason Morrison
- KOTA def. Sydney Steele by DQ
- Giant Orion def. Big Jess Youngblood
- Steve Rivers def. the Canadian Goose
- Commonwealth Championship Match: Vince Austin def. Matt Hart
- RCW Tag Team Championship Ladder Match: Barricade/Dean Richtor def. Neon Knights (Travis Cole/Dylon Stone), Malicious Militia (Cody Chimera/Maverick Jack), Irish Nites (Son of Irish/NITE)
- RCW Canadian Heavyweight Championship: Heavy Metal def. Joey Ryan
Prairie Wrestling Alliance • Fright Night • Edmonton, Alberta • October 26
Latest Wrestling Content:
- Conversations With Love 38: A Conversation With Zoë Sager
- FPW Recap and Reactions: The Prelude, Edmonton, October 18
- BREAKING: Blais vs. Jaye Confirmed for FPW Just the Tip
- Conversations With Love 37: A Conversation with Joey Ryan
- Monday Night Shaw: Episode 21 | Ivan Thomsen