After a brief hiatus, we’re back!
Yes, the holiday season has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean that the Albertan pro wrestling scene slowed down over the past two weeks. Each of the province’s promotions are back in full swing, with Pure Power Wrestling holding the distinct honour of hosting Alberta’s final wrestling event of the decade. With both RCW and Monster Pro Wrestling kicking back into action this weekend, there’s certainly no absence of news for you to catch up on.
Not caught up on all the action? Now you can be! It’s the latest edition of Last Week in Alberta Wrestling, your source for the most up-to-date information across the Albertan wrestling scene!
SWA Graduate Chelsea Green Makes Monday Night RAW Debut
WWE’s red brand just got a little Greener.
On last week’s edition of Monday Night RAW, Storm Wrestling Academy graduate Chelsea Green made her in-ring debut on the WWE’s main roster, taking on Charlotte Flair in singles action.
According to reports, Green is also scheduled to take on Sarah Logan on next week’s episode of Main Event. However, there’s been no confirmation on if Green has officially joined the main roster.
Silas Young, Ace Austin Opponents Confirmed
RCW is kicking off 2020 with a bang.
Next weekend will see both Ring of Honor star Silas Young and Impact Wrestling’s Ace Austin make a pair of appearances for Real Canadian Wrestling in Calgary and Edmonton. This week, the promotion confirmed the two stars’ opponents for their Albertan dates, and each matchup is sure to excite any independent wrestling fan in the province.
On January 3rd, Young will challenge RCW Canadian Heavyweight Champion/Top Talent Forever Champion Heavy Metal in Calgary, followed by Giant Orion the next evening in Edmonton. Meanwhile, Austin will be tasked with defending his Impact X-Division Championship against a pair of Alberta’s finest over two days, taking on Cody Chimera and Big Jess Youngblood on the 3rd and 4th, respectively.
Tickets for both shows are currently available through Real Canadian Wrestling’s social media channels, or visiting the promotion’s Showpass page.
Monster Pro Wrestling: Unsettled Differences Match Card
Saturday night will see Monster Pro Wrestling return to action with MPW: Unsettled Differences. It’s the promotion’s first show since last month’s Blitzkrieg 5, and the seven announced matches for Saturday’s card will largely build off of the events of December 7th. For the first time, Mitch Clarke and Lumberjack Larry Woods will have the chance to square off one-on-one following the shocking events of September 7th. The card will additionally see the promotions four other championships defended, including a women’s title defence that will see Phoenix return to the ring for the first time since relinquishing her title over two months ago.
Full match card:
- MPW Heavyweight Championship Match: Mitch Clarke© vs. Lumberback Larry Woods
- MPW Women’s Championship Match: Sexy Samantha© vs. Phoenix
- Renegade Tag Team Championship Match: High Octane© vs. Dad Bod Squad
- MPW Provincial Championship Match: Kid Cyrus© vs. Wrath
- MPW Ripper Memorial Tag Team Championship Match: Nasty Nate Nixon© vs. Dangerous Danny Evans
- The Blake Kannon Experience vs. Wrestling RoyalTY
- Massive Damage vs. Rugged Rich King
Meniac Announces In-Ring Retirement
One of Alberta’s finest is calling it a career.
Meniac, a former MPW Heavyweight and Tag Team Champion, confirmed his retirement earlier this week in a statement to the WCSN.
“The past 6 years have been a blast!” commented the former tagSTRUGGLE star. “Being able to travel all over Western Canada entertaining people will be something I always remember. I wanted to thank all the wrestlers, referees and promoters I’ve met and worked with along the way. Yes, EVEN THE PROMOTERS. Through all the championships, gimmick matches & stipulations, the one thing that sticks out is the bonds that were formed fighting side by side in the squared circle.”
Pure Power Wrestling Results
Holiday Havoc • Lethbridge, Alberta • December 28
- Kyle Sebastian vs Big Sexy Beast (No Contest)
- Angelica’s talk show segment, “A Match Made in Heaven,” was interrupted by a video promo from Kat Von Heez
- THC defeated Dewey Robson
- Kenn Stevens def. Jumpin’ Josh (DQ)
- Cyanide def. Boris Beatenov
- The Bad Seeds def. Top Talent
- PPW Heavyweight Championship Match: Sydney Steele def. Jude Dawkins
Real Canadian Wrestling • New Year’s Retribution • Calgary, Alberta • January 3
Real Canadian Wrestling • New Year’s Unleashed • Edmonton, Alberta • January 4
Monster Pro Wrestling • Unsettled Differences • Edmonton, Alberta • January 4
Latest Wrestling Content:
- EXCLUSIVE: Meniac Retires From In-Ring Competition
- The Top Talent Forever Championship is Here, and It’s Glorious
- Victoria’s Chelsea Green Makes Monday Night RAW Debut
- Monday Night Shaw: Episode 24 | Michael Richard Blais
- Conversations With Love 47: A Conversation With Son of Irish